Blogaholic

Sunday, December 27, 2009

The holidays!




I had so much fun with my daughters this holiday season. Abby is 11 and Rebecca is 7, and I have to say they are at the perfect ages for Christmas!

Abby wanted to Christmas shop, just to shop, and Becky really does know how to keep a secret. Which worried me a little. Abby is getting the age to where she doesn't believe in Santa Claus, which means in no time, neither will Becky. We had a good year, in which we were able to spoil both kids. Which is good, because they are great kids!

I also got some baking time in with the girls. We baked cookies, and enjoyed them as well. I didn't get to do all the baking I wanted, but maybe next year. Baking during the holidays was a tradition when I was a little girl. I absolutely loved it, all the way into my 20's. It's something I want to hand down to Abby and Becky. We didn't get to bake for the neighbors, but we will make time next year for sure. We didn't get to go to Chicago like I wanted to either to see all the stores and lights. Instead, we went to Woodfield Mall in Schaumberg. What a mall! It's huge, and every high end store you can imagine was in that mall. For me, and avid window shopper, it would take a few days to get through that mall. My hubby went with us, he's not a shopper, but to spend time with the girls he agreed.


Next on my agenda is planning this trip to NYC in August. I have my work cut out for me since my husband agreed to go. He really is agreeing so I can go to Blogher 2010, and I'm not really sure what to expect with this convention. I hope it goes well. Other vacation plans include Boston in a few years...and then well, it's too early to decide.


Is anyone reading this I wonder. I see visitors on feedjit, but no one ever comments. On occasion I get a comment from a blogger friend. I feel like Julie and Julia, the ever persistent blogger, not knowing if I'm being read or not. Until next time.
Have a great New Years.

2 comments:

Snowberry Creek said...

Hi Carole! I am reading your post. This brings back so many good memories. I, too, baked during the holiday season for years when my girls were younger. Now that they are grown and gone...I just didn't get around to much baking this year. My Dad passed away Nov. 22nd so I'm sure this was one reason I didn't feel much like baking. My Mom loves to bake, so she baked most of our goodies. She needed something to do to keep her busy.

Love it when people pass traditions down to their children and spend the time it takes to pass them down. We do live in a "hurry-up" world these days.

The vacations you've planned sound like fun. Bet you're looking forward to them.

Anytime you want to send in samples...feel free...we will always have room for you. :)

Organic Motherhood with Cool Whip said...

Sounds like your family had a great holiday season! Following you now from MBC FFF. You have an adorable blog!

organicmotherhoodwithcoolwhip.com