Blogaholic

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!

We made it! It's 2015, and I'm all alone in my house today. It has been a whirlwind week full of holiday festivities, rounding out with New Years eve! I am reticent about this new year, and I'm not sure what to expect. One thing I do know is that it is getting cold fast. I really enjoyed my time with my niece last night as she shared with us her couponing tips, and I was encouraged to use my 20 dollars in kohls cash. I laugh because usually I let that stuff go by the wayside, but with my relatives I was highly encouraged to use it. So I shall. It's interesting how people manage to save money, and I admit I am not as good as most. I think you need to have a lot of time to coupon, stake and double coupon to stay on top of things. I sure wish I could get a purse for 5 bucks!!! We were supposed to go to Mississippi for the new year holiday, but that got cancelled, and so we stayed in Illinois. I will try to link up the video to the start of 2015 with all the kids whooping and hollering. It was alot of fun. I am job hunting once again, and will have a job interview this coming Tuesday, so I look forward to that. For reasons I can not explain on the internet, I must find another job....eventually. So when we did not go to Mississippi, my girls and I got mani/pedis. Abby and I got french manicures. It looks so cute on Abby. I am alone in my house with my pets, who are running around acting rambunctious. ah such is life. With this cold and changing weather, I have been battling a bad upper respiratory cold. I really thought I'd have to go to the hospital, but it is slowly resolving. Very slowly. My hope for the new year is that the pharmaceutical companies see that their prices lower. I can not tell you how many people have told me they can not afford their insurance or prescriptions. For our nation, this is very sad. We help out every country in the world, yet our own are not getting the help they need. I totally understand, for my husband and I, it is thousands of dollars to get labs done. At least that is what is charged to our insurance. Ridiculous. The new year will bring 2 to 3 new book reviews right off the bat. I enjoy reading, and I love the communities of readers, bloggers and authors I have found on the internet. It is so much fun interacting with everyone. In closing for now, I wish you all a bright and prosperous, healthy new year! Until next time ~~~~Carole~~

No comments: