Blogaholic

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Split Pea Soup

Definitely good with a red sangria wine.    


https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154949594782311&set=a.39012902310.47014.628327310&type=3&theater






Split pea soup

Between you and I , I can never get my dried beans or peas softened by just soaking them over night.  I soak over night, then I simmer for an hour or two the next day.  

Ingredients you will need. 

2 bags dry split pea
one small onion
4 stalks celery
thyme
salt
pepper
basil leaves
dry parsley
golden potatoes  8 to 10, and quarter for soup.

1/2 pot water
chopped ham from baked ham


start by soaking peas over night

then next day, simmer peas for 1 - hours

the next day empty water from peas, add half pot of water and boil

chop medium onion and 4 stalks celery.  can add baby carrots if desired.

boil peas with water for 1 hour.  add chopped celery, onion, potatoes and ham.  Add seasonings to taste.  I usually use 2 passes of each seasoning as the soup is boiling.  

Cook until all veggies tender, serve and eat.  My recipe is never the same!!!

Enjoy!!!

No comments: