Blogaholic

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Chinese casserole

So I am getting time to do some blogging.  No one would know this but I actually like cooking.  

I don't always have time to cook because of my demanding job.  My mom would joke with my

friends, and say "Carole can't cook anything that doesn't come out of a box."  Thanks mom,

and don't get me started on what she used to say about my younger siblings, little do they know.

However, mom did give me some tips and recipes, one of her most favorite was Chinese 

casserole.  By the name of it, one would think it's chinese food.  It isn't, it's american.  The

recipe is below, and sorry I don't have any pics!  My brother John loved this food.  It's very

easy, and anyone can make it, I assure you.  


ingredients

1 lb ground beef, pork or turkey  ( I use pork hubby can't have beef)

2 cans cream of mushroom

rice ( you can use white or brown, your choice)

small onion

salt

pepper  

celery (optional)


chow mein noodles ( for topping)


1.  brown meat, and season with salt and pepper.  I use kosher salt, but any salt will do.

 2.  chop small onion and add to meat.  Chop celery and add to meat.

  3.  3 cups of rice or more, you can decide how much rice to add.  I cook the rice first.  

   4.  add all ingredients into casserole dish.  DO not add water to the soup.

Mix everything.  Bake at 425 for 30 mins, and add chow mein noodles to top and bake for added 5 mins.  Enjoy


so why do we put it in the oven, to bake it, make it and take it!  Let me know how you like it.


Until next time~~~~

Carole

No comments: