I get asked often the best way to market or advertise. There are tons of places to do it. Many of us have heard the money is in the list. But what about those who don't even know what to do with the list. Are they lost forever. Other than the most important marketing tip, which is word of mouth here are some easy tips to remember.
1. Most marketers, or direct sales people look for the easy classified ads. For these to work well, they must first be written well. Use good grammar, and a spell check if uncertain of anything.
2. Don't use yahoo groups that are primarily spam groups. You'll know these groups when you see them. Chances are you'll get lost in the crowd.
3. Make a schedule for your self. Market one day, advertise and network the next.
4. Follow the rules of the group. If there are certain days a group doesn't do ads, or asks you not to include links, abide by those rules.
5. Help others. You will build your reputation, and at the same time help a new comer to the field.
5. Use pictures in the ad if allowed. Pictures bring the product closer to the audience. It is the next best thing to touching the product. Pictures say a thousand words.
6. Be descriptive about your product, and about yourself. Why should the reader buy your product, and more importantly from you.
These will go a long way in building your relationships, and good luck!