Blogaholic

Friday, June 10, 2011

Gwyneth Paltrow: What's Wrong With Homosexuality? - Celebrity News - UsMagazine.com

Gwyneth Paltrow: What's Wrong With Homosexuality? - Celebrity News - UsMagazine.com


I was raised a very very strict Catholic. I think even stricter than anyone else in my family. When I was in about 4th or 5th grade, this girl Nancy Jo Kasko called me and my friend Lori homosexuals. While I wouldn't admit it to Nancy, I didn't know what she was talking about. So I asked my mother. My mother was very uncomfortable with the term, but I finally found out what Ms. Nancy was calling me. (I'll never know why every Nancy I have ever met has been a B**t**) but that's the way it goes. My parents weren't to forthcoming with the birds and bees with me...I made them very uncomfortable. I think secretly my mom was hoping I would become a nun. And I did think about it in my 20's, but soon found out, that I was probably not nun material. Although it's hard for me to believe all nuns...are oh so NUNLY.

In any event, any one with religous views has thought homosexuality was bad, so I'm a bit confused as to why this concept is foreign to ms. paltrow. Certainly she had religous friends in her younger years, if not so, perhaps in the present.

While the Catholic religion does shun homosexuality, we in my family do not. It isn't about growing with your religion either. It's about humanity, whether my religion feels it is wrong or not, you can never go wrong with a little humanity.

Until next time.
Carole

No comments: