Blogaholic

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Thoughtful Tuesday!

I am grateful! Not for my family alone, but for my job! I have a great job the majority of the time. I am a part time nurse, but I can DO anything. I work in hospitals, nursing homes, and do home health. I do pretty much anything...and it wasn't always that way. I chose what I wanted to do, and the hours. It wasn't always that way either. As you can see, my job changes frequently, and often I have to travel long distances. Along with the opportunities I have at hand, I can take hospital travel assignments. I really look forward to those when hubby retires, and the girls are old enough as well. I look forward to traveling to Hawaii and other places like that. Many times staff nurses are jealous (esp in the hospital arena) Sad but true, esp if you are a per diem RN. They don't outwardly say it, but in their actions and attitudes. I've experienced it as well as many other RNS. Perhaps because of my mouth and opinions...or perhaps not. In any case, the moral of my thoughtful Tuesday is to be grateful for what you have. Don't let jealousy get the best of you. It's not a pretty picture when it does, and not only hurts you, but others as well.

Thanks for reading.

Carole

2 comments:

Military Momz said...

My friend is in ultrasound and she also does the travelling although she is contracted with a hospital in south GA right now. She turned down a HI job a few years back, but the potential is there. It is great that you are so happy with what you do. I also am in the medical field and can work from anywhere as long as I have an internet connection. I do MT and LOVE it! I too am grateful for what I have!!! Have a good day!!1

Anonymous said...

Hi! Party hopping and participating too so stop in for a visit.